It's All About Sprucing Up
Today was a day to sort that out and it starts with the front deck. Our deck is a bit unusual as we've created a sort of patio with wood decking and plenty of flower pots and a table and chairs. However the decking is looking a bit tired and this is how it is at the moment:
As you can see, the deck tiles are a bit scratched and mucky looking so they've been getting a repaint today.
Unfortunately, I had to get a different brand of paint and I'm not sure I like it! Firstly it looks more satin finish than the matt finish we currently have on the deck tiles and it seems to be drying in some areas very dark - almost black! It should be similar to the existing colour in the picture above.
Suffice to say, I'm a bit worried at the moment, but am hoping that maybe with another coat tomorrow it'll all even out and look a bit better! Especially when it's fully dry. We will see. If it still looks bad its going to be the classic case of sanding and starting again which seems to happen with everything I attempt lately!
We made a start on our planting too. We've started with the cucumbers, cherry tomatoes and pepper plants, potting them into small pots which are outside in a little propagator during the day and then brought in at night time Incase of any frosts.
We still have beans and carrots to start but we are thinking that we will leave those until the end of this month.
We've marked the cups with a "P" or a "C" too so we don't get them mixed up! The tomatoes are in orange coloured pots so we will remember those ones!
Pawel popping the propagator onto the roof in the sunshine:
Keep your fingers crossed! A lot of these are plantpot or dwarf varieties so seedlings can appear very quickly - 6 days I think for the cucumbers!