Bathroom Refurb - Day 4
We're really pleased - its all looking really good and we feel really excited now about how it's all going to look when finished.
Our new vanity/sink unit:
The unit is made using components of our old unit - mostly the front face and the door.
Here's a picture of the new Sapele worktop which till go on top of the sink unit. Rob is making it similar to how a worktop is made using staves and gluing the blocks together:
The top will have a curved edge so needs to be cut yet.
And here is the bathroom wall cabinet. Again it is a corner unit and Rob is making it using parts of the existing cabinet we had on the wall:
So overall, we haven't been up to a lot today. I think we've just been trying to relax a bit as yesterday was really full on with all the cleaning and reorganising we had to get on with when we got in. We know they'll be more of the same tomorrow and over the weekend!
I did do a bit of modification to the hatch today but it only took me a few minutes. With the leading being in a satin finish, the brass handles and bolts on the hatch doors didn't look right against the leading when the hatch doors were closed.
It made the leading look overly bright and like something didn't quite match.
Therefore, I've changed the mirror screws, bolts and handles into chrome, which makes more sense really - all the other handles in the kitchen are chrome and it definately looks more matching with my lead design on the glass: