Here is the awaiting project:(!)
We also needed a few other batons to segregate where we are going to put the gravel down outside the mooring to make it a bit more level and to create a "patio-like" area.
So that's taken most of the day as well as food shopping, so a quick and easy dinner is required tonight. I can't remember where I originally saw this recipe, but its always been one of my favourites - brilliant flavour and incredibly quick!
Greek Inspired Lamb Cutlets
To serve two people
This is a really easy recipe and its great as you can just bang all the ingredients together in one of those little freezer bags and leave it to marinade for an hour or two or even overnight.
Whenever you open the bag - the smell is amazing and today it has filled our whole boat - smells like summer :)
When ready, all you need to do is fry them for 3 minutes a side and serve with a salad and some warm crusty bread.
* 6 lamb cutlets
* 3tbsp of olive oil, extra for frying
* 2 fresh chillies - 1 deseeded and finely chopped
* 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
* 2 sprigs of rosemary
* a small handful of chopped black olives
* 1/2 lemon - juice and zest
* Salt and pepper to season
1. Take your cutlets and simply give them a little bit of a bash with a rolling pin.
2. Pop them in a freezer baggie along with all your other ingredients and make sure the cutlets are evenly coated with the rest of the ingredients.
3. Leave to marinade for at least an hour if you can or longer if possible.
4. Heat some about a tablespoon of oil in a pan and fry for about three minutes on the first side and a minute or two on the other - or until they are cooked as you would like ( I like mine still a bit pink)
5. Serve with a green salad and some warm crusty bread - don't forget the glass of wine!
Quick, simple and hardly any washing up - doesn't get much better than that!