I Need to Post More Regularly!

So quite a few weeks have passed again since I last posted - time just seems to be going quicker and quicker with little left for blogging! Not only that but I think maybe Im feeling self conscious about posting(?!)

It's a bit hard to explain but when I was writing the blog before I had any readers, it was easier - I didn't feel censored or like I had to word things in a certain way - I could just write what I was thinking or feeling and it didn't really matter. I always said that if I felt I had to censor posts that I would stop posting altogether.

On the other hand though , I have missed blogging and having the interaction with other boaters - not only that but the blog is great to look back on from time to time and see how far we've come in terms of our fit out. So I guess I just have to find a balance really and get over it!

Lots has been happening in the last few weeks, mostly with hospital appointments as there's still no resolution to my problems :S Not only that but we've been doing the usual "prepping for winter" which I'm sure most other boaters are also doing at this time of year.

A few weeks back, we decided that we would burn logs as well as coal this year. Burn mostly wood during the day and then load the stove with coal during the night to keep the stove in. We figured that we could now safely store logs on the new mooring - especially with the strip of land we have, so we got to work on building a log store....

In the making:









We basically made it out of old crates - one for the bottom and one for the top and then scrap wood for batons in between. did have to get a roll of felt to make a 'roof' but overall it does the job and beats paying £100+ for a ready made log store half the size!

Luckily we found a guy who delivers seasoned logs and also knew where we were here ( it's a nightmare trying to explain how to get here by car/van to someone, as its pretty much in the middle of nowhere and unless they already know the place, you can guarantee they won't show!). Anyway, we got a few cubic meters of logs from him so are well stocked on that front - although we've got through them at quite a pace already!

At least stacking them in the wood store was a bit of exercise....


**************


The other week we finally had Rob back to fix our bow doors! I don't want to go into too much detail on here but basically the glass cracked in January /Feb time this year - not long after we had the doors fitted. It happened on one door to begin with and then the second door not so long after. It looked a real mess and meant that I couldn't do the bevel and leading design I wanted to do on the doors.







Anyway, after quite a few months, Rob has managed to sort them out for us! He took out the old glass, routed the frames out and put new glass and beaded it in this time meaning that it should be a bit more stable and more flexible - meaning the glass is unlikely to crack in future from extreme heat or cold.

eye spy with my little eye....Rob with a door! My heart was in my throat when he was smashing the glass out!



New glass in, awaiting a silicone clean-up!:







It was great to finally just see the doors without all the glass cracked - it looked an eyesore and made the doors look old before their time and uncared for!

Rob did a bit more work for us too, but I will save that for tomorrow's post as this one is going on a bit now! Also, I have since beveled and leaded the door windows so will show you them tomorrow ;)

Comments

  1. About time too, your return to blogging I mean :)
    You must continue to talk to your adoring followers ;)

    It really doesn't matter a damn whether we agree or not with your opinions, it does matter that they are your opinions and no one elses! What you say should be what you think and not what you think 'we' might want you to say. OK?

    Now get creative and let those words flow, you've got all winter to write your heart out, what else is there to do on these horrible dark nights? LOL

    Hugs,
    Kevin xx & Harry xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Harry and Kevin, thanks for your comment - yr comments always make me smile! It's not so much about opinions, maybe embarrassment about just me going on about mundane activities?! Smething along those lines?

    Is a shame you guys don't have an open profile , love to hear more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back, we love to hear about how things are progressing with your fit-out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi carol thanks! And congrats on the widebeam - I want to see plenty of pictures when you start the fit out of that!! It wil be amazing and I am really jealous! Sad too as it means you won't be heading up here again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pleased to see you back to blogging! Apart from the interest I have in what you are doing (you always make it sound s positive!) - you generally inspire me to get on and do something more to my boat!!!

    Good luck with it all and look forward to your next instalment...

    Andrew

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

TO POST A COMMENT, SIMPLY TYPE YOUR MESSAGE IN THE COMMENTS BOX BELOW (IT MIGHT BE ABOVE THIS MESSAGE DEPENDING ON HOW YOUR BROWSER DISPLAYS THINGS!)

THEN, SELECT "ANONYMOUS" FROM THE DROP DOWN MENU BELOW THAT AS THAT IS THE EASIEST WAY TO SAY HI TO ME!

DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE YOUR NAME ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Where Can I Begin?

Make use of time, let not advantage slip - William Shakespeare