Blustery!

It's about 530PM as I write this. Pawel is off today and we headed over to the garden centre this morning after an early start. It was a little bit blustery but this evening has seen it get a lot worse.

Our weather station has read wind speeds of over 41MPH - the highest I've ever seen on it, and it's actually getting quite scary, but entertaining, on the boat tonight.



We've moved all the plant pots off the gas locker and off the roof and are basically sitting it out. I popped out before to move a few things about in the "garden" and felt like I was about to get blown off my feet!

I think it's even worse here than if we were in a marina, as firstly, Higher Poynton is really high up (!) and in particular, our mooring is incredible exposed - there's nothing either side except for rolling hills and open fields.

This gives you an idea:
(I took that picture when we first came to this mooring in April this year)




The trip to the garden centre was nice. It was all kitted out for Christmas and it just generally was a nice trip out. We went to get a few more bags of slate chippings - as we want to extend the chippings that we put down earlier this year on the mooring. The problem is, where we keep going to the log store and to chop wood, the grass is just turning to sludgy mud and I'm fed up of muddy shoes and a trashed deck!! Not good.

We got the garden centre to deliver and they should be coming tomorrow afternoon - that's if they can find us, I did draw them a map of where we are, and I think the delivery guy knew where I was talking about! We only got 6 bags as that should be all we need really.

I also had a parcel from my brother today - it's a chunk of his Christmas cake that he made. It was beautifully packaged and looks really good. Haven't tried it yet, but can't wait!

Christmas cake in a box:









Thanks for going to the effort, D!

Comments

  1. Hi. Missing your blog! Almost April now - how are you getting on?!

    Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you guys ok ? . no posts for ages , hope all is ok .

    Steve & wendy NB serenity Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

TO POST A COMMENT, SIMPLY TYPE YOUR MESSAGE IN THE COMMENTS BOX BELOW (IT MIGHT BE ABOVE THIS MESSAGE DEPENDING ON HOW YOUR BROWSER DISPLAYS THINGS!)

THEN, SELECT "ANONYMOUS" FROM THE DROP DOWN MENU BELOW THAT AS THAT IS THE EASIEST WAY TO SAY HI TO ME!

DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE YOUR NAME ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Where Can I Begin?

Make use of time, let not advantage slip - William Shakespeare