I Just Can't Live Without it Anymore!!

I've lived on the boat for nearly 2 years now and had to do without....

Six months before that I also had to do without despite having such a helping hand beforehand.

To be honest, now I think about, it I don't know how I've gone so long without this helping hand. Or more to the point, why I let Pawel talk me out of one for so long!!

So what the hell am I talking about?!

A DISHWASHER!!!!!


So, six months before we left the house to move on to the boat, the dishwasher packed in and we didn't bother repairing it - just threw it out instead. It's a long story but it was something we both agreed on at the time!

Anyway, fast forward to life on that boat, and despite how serene life is on the boat(mostly) I've always been fed up of washing pots! Mostly as it's me that always does it! It's a nightmare especially as I cook mostly from scratch everyday, make the bread and do loads of baking.

So despite me wanting/needing one for ages, we've just not bothered, mostly due to electricity being quite limited with us not being on shoreline.

Also, when looking even into slimline ones, the wattage was too high for our inverter to cope with so I thought that it was never going to happen. Oh, not to mention zero space in the kitchen to fit one.

Well, I've been on a mission since just before my op to finally get a dishwasher after seeing some great offers on table top ones, which will:

A) go inside our cupboard
B) be under the maximum wattage of our inverter - 1600w.

I didn't want to buy brand new incase it still wouldn't work through the inverter or it wouldn't work with plumbing through a pump etc, so I scowled on eBay for people around the Macclesfield area selling second hand. What a bargain!!!

I got one and they delivered it! For cheaper than the cost of washing up liquid for a year ;)

It came yesterday, and Pawel got to work installing it, which ended up much more complex, and involved removing the cupboard floor and creating a new platform for it to sit on - it wouldn't fit underneath the sink waste pipes otherwise. We also needed to create a plug socket for the mains as we don't have any on that side of the boat!

Cutting the cupboard - I was quite nervous that this whole side of the kitchen was going to collapse!:







Pulling the base out - literally!



Pipe work:



It's in - just the waste to attach!



Final touches and checking for leaks!:


So, it took most of the day and the boat was in bits after!

But it's in!!! It's not perfect and the cupboard door is now only on one hinge(!) (for now anyway) but....IT'S A DISHWASHER !!!

Dinner was great last night, just knowing I don't have to worry about washing up after!

Bliss.

Thanks Pav!

Comments

Post a Comment

TO POST A COMMENT, SIMPLY TYPE YOUR MESSAGE IN THE COMMENTS BOX BELOW (IT MIGHT BE ABOVE THIS MESSAGE DEPENDING ON HOW YOUR BROWSER DISPLAYS THINGS!)

THEN, SELECT "ANONYMOUS" FROM THE DROP DOWN MENU BELOW THAT AS THAT IS THE EASIEST WAY TO SAY HI TO ME!

DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE YOUR NAME ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Where Can I Begin?

Make use of time, let not advantage slip - William Shakespeare